Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Devon!

Happy birthday Dr. C. You're the best! I love you and I am lucky to have you for a brother and a friend. A few random thoughts about our brother (sorry folks, I lack the talent for great articulation that the rest of my siblings posses. Dad, feel free to edit my grammar and punctuation, it has gone way down hill.)

-Devon makes me laugh. Sometimes he has made me cry too, but mostly he makes me laugh with his signature sense of humor.

-I love our marathon phone conversations and I always appreciate that even when we have serious discussions I always know that we are still friends. He is quick to apologize and quick to forgive.

-Devon loves his family. I know that Devon would do anything for any of us. He is always concerned about his siblings and their happiness, he is glad when we are glad and sad when we are sad. He has a genuine interest in our lives and the lives of his nieces and nephews. He loves spending time with mom and dad and always wants to make sure that they are enjoying them selves and that the time spent together is meaningful and memorable. He wants to be a good friend to all of us.

-Devon is always there when I need him to give me computer tutorials or to walk me through Photoshop for my Christmas cards (the one that I never got to this year.) He will spend hours if needed to walk me through things.

-Devon is a great Dad. He adores his daughters, he thinks they are the coolest and they think he is too. I will never forget watching him with Rose as a baby, he was so taken by her and so sweet, I tear up thinking about it now, that's how all of my brothers are, they love their little ones (and bigger ones too.)

-Devon and Michelle are a great team, I think they compliment each other in a wonderful way. I love how they make their home and enjoy things together. It was so fun to hang out with them a bunch when we were all newlyweds in Provo.

-Devon is a really good person. He is compassionate and wants to make the world a better place. He looks out for the underdog and is always wanting to help someone who is down and out, just like our dad does. I admire Devon for this. I have watched him with our sister and he is really kind to her, even when it's not easy to be, and to me for that matter when it hasn't been easy to be. He has sincere empathy for people when they are having a hard time.

These are just a few thoughts about Devon, feel free to add your own. Duane is next, sorry I am a little out of order, a belated birthday is better than none right?

4 comments:

  1. Beth,

    How'd you get all the old family photos? Please keep posting them as you have them available--maybe put a new one up each week--if you have them.

    And a happy belated birthday to you Dr. C! We miss having you and your ladies in Provo but are glad you are finding so much success and enjoyment down in the west Texas town of El Paso.

    Thanks for getting this started Beth!

    Duane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did Beth forget to mention your matchmaking skills?! Sara...Merrill... Keep going on the blog Beth! You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks beth - you are a sweetheart
    love devon - from beth's computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- I just stumbled on to this! i would love to see pics of your family and hear updates! I just moved back to the bay area- are you in these parts still?

    ReplyDelete